Saturday 6 August 2011

Looking for Mongol princess

Visual story or image sequence I created to invite viewer to create story for himself while watching.
I imagined and made three rabbit-like creatures, which assembles a family. They travel around a mysterious labyrinth, which really is my flat, as for them it a series of obstacles they have to over come in order to get out and find a mysterious princess.
When creating this work I remembered how, when I was little I liked to walk around flat with mirror under my nose and looking down but seeing sealing. It creates an illusion of walking in other unfamiliar place rather then your flat, it feels as if you walking upside down. I created creatures, which is not familiar with my living space and tried to visualize their journey thru it.

This how it looked in the exhibition space:

No comments:

Post a Comment